Tuesday, November 1, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

Hello, hello. If you don't know already November is National Novel Writing Month (often referred to as NaNoWriMo with each syllable being pronounced the same as it would be in the word it comes from). I'm quite fond of National Novel Writing Month and will be working on a novel idea for it this year. I will be trying to write 50,000 words in thirty days (the feat you need to achieve in order to 'win') which is approximately 1,700 words each day or a little less than two pages single-spaced and in total works out to roughly 187 pages in a novel. I also work between thirty and forty hours a week and enjoy doing things like sleeping and hanging out with my family occasionally. Understandably I probably will not have a lot of time to write exciting new things for my subscribers to read during November but never fear for unlike Epimethius in his acceptance of Pandora I have the power of thinking ahead. I've already scheduled a post for the first which you are currently reading and I have a post scheduled for the twenty-fourth. Prior to my writing this I have an additional two pre-written posts which I will put up at some point in November and I'm going to try to crank out a couple more before October officially ends. My normal cynical self will resume my pessimistic observations of the world as soon as December first but in the meantime please enjoy the pre-written posts I've managed to scrape together.

If you're interested in reading my NaNoWriMo project check back for an update that will include a link to somewhere you can view the writing (as soon as I figure out where I want to put it).

No comments:

Post a Comment