Sunday, August 14, 2011

An Update On Blue Hoodie Guy

For a explanation of who Blue Hoodie Guy is and what he does simply see my previous post. If you've already read it then move on to the next paragraph for a very special update on Blue Hoodie Guy.

The previous blog post I wrote about Blue Hoodie Guy turned out to be a public service. It helped get him arrested. Yes, that's right, writing on the internet about getting stalked home by a guy whose real name I do not know helped get him arrested. I know, I impress myself sometimes, too. (I've also been known for spraining my arm by stroking my ego- and no I don't mean that way.)

One of my coworkers read my blog at some point between when I posted it and her first shift of the week this week. Even though we talk for multiple hours every week the getting stalked home event and her first shift of the week (always a friday because she only works friday and saturday) were timed so that I hadn't talked to her at all yet this week which meant I hadn't told her either about the event or about the post yet. She read it prior to coming in to work, though, and she decided when she noticed we had security on that day (security is there on a seemingly random schedule which is, I guess, the, cough, cost-effective method of having security) that she would go and warn him about Blue Hoodie Guy. She told him what Blue Hood Guy looks like, you know, blue hoodie, bicycle helmet, bluejeans, tall and skinny. She also told him about Blue Hoodie Guy's history in and around the Mall and about how he had stalked one of her coworkers all the way to their house earlier in the week. So, being a good security guard, he promised to keep an eye out for someone matching that description just in case. Lo and behold he saw someone matching that description a short time later and this person was- surprise of surprises, I'm sure- harassing a couple of girls. Now, ordinarily, as long as the situation did not seem serious (i.e. there was no touching, violent threats, public nudity, or any actually illegal activity) he probably would have just rescued the girls and kicked Blue Hoodie Guy off the property but since this was Blue Hoodie Guy and he had a history of this sort of behavior he called the cops and had him arrested.

Blue Hoodie Guy has had the cops called on him many times, as it turns out, so much so that the cops knew him by name and also knew where he lived. Most of the time the cops are called on him Blue Hoodie Guy is not charged or even held for any length of time because he doesn't trespass, touch anyone, whip it out, or get too specific with his verbal desires so they actually can't arrest him for anything. Being creepy is not illegal in this country so they can only remove him from the situation in those instances by taking him home. And then they maybe talk to his mother whom I get the impression that he lives with but I don't know for sure. This time, however, the cops agreed to hold him in jail at least for as long as they were legally allowed (if they couldn't find anything to charge him with, that was). The Mall was also more than happy to issue a ban to him so if he comes back he will be trespassing (which is actually not much of an offense as far as I can tell unless he happens to be carrying a firearm in which case it would be a felony).

So, to add to my list of accomplishments I have the following:

Get stalked resulting in writing about it resulting in mall security knowing about stalker resulting in stalker getting arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment